Saturday, August 23, 2008

Berry Shortbread Dreams

My friend Marni gave this recipe to me after I begged her for it. She made them for our MOPS Tea Party and oh my gosh they are wonderful. I could have ate all 100 of them. She got it from the Christmas cookies and Candies from Taste of Home Magazine.


1cup butter softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
seedless raspberry jam (I used strawberry and I have used blackberry and orange)
GLAZE
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 -3 teaspoons water (you will need more)
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in extract; gradually add flour until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
Roll into 1 in balls. Place 1 in apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, making an indentation in the center of each ball.( I use my finger). Fill with jam.( I use a baby spoon) Bake at 350 for 14-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Spoon additional jam into cookies if desired. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cookies. Yield about 3-1/2 dozen

No comments: